To

Saturn in Scorpio in 2014 and 2015

Jessica Adams looks at Saturn in Scorpio and your horoscope.  Updated for 2014-2015 on December 4th 2013.

Saturn enters Scorpio on Friday 5th October at 9.34pm in London. Earlier that day, Mercury enters Scorpio at 11.35am so the entire world will have a clear message that weekend – our new reality check is here. On Sunday 7th October, by the time the appearance of Mercury and Saturn in Scorpio has touched the whole planet, there is a trine between the Moon and Saturn at 2.02am. One area of your life that has not been an issue for years, will now require attention. How will it feel? Heavier. Loaded. A bigger deal in every way.

The Scorpio-ruled house of your natal chart (create your personal chart at www.astro.com if you don’t know) reveals where the lessons will come from. Choose your house system carefully. House systems are like contact lenses – they all work – but you may want to update your prescription occasionally as your vision of the world changes. I was taught the Placidus house system in my teens, but these days I use Aries 0 Ascendant houses. The choice is yours.

Got your personal chart by your side? Now you know which house Saturn is transiting. Here’s a summary of Saturn in Scorpio’s impact on your Sun Sign  chart. This is the public you. Solar charts show the headlines of your life because the solar sign house system was first popularised by a media astrologer for a newspaper in the first part of the 20th century.

How Saturn Affects Your Sun Sign – Your Solar Chart
These areas of your life are where the lessons are coming from, through 2014.  If you are starting anything new in these areas of your life then take your time. Research is required. People born one sign before yours may have useful advice to pass on. Saturn is all about smart strategy and comparing notes with others will help you.

ARIES Banking. Mortages. Tax. Insurance. Inheritance. Credit Cards. Investments. Leases.
TAURUS Former Partner. Current Partner. Potential Partner. Professional Rival. Personal Enemy.
GEMINI Work. Volunteering. Study. Health. Daily Routine. Lifestyle. Duty. Service.
CANCER Sons. Daughters. Godchildren. Young Relatives. The Next Generation. Children.
LEO House. Flat. Family. Household. Renovations. Neighbourhood. Homeland.
VIRGO The Internet. Telephones. Writing. Speaking. Hearing. Public Speaking. Media. Education.
LIBRA Money. Possessions. Business. House. Flat. Banks. Savings. Debt. Values.
SCORPIO Personal Appearance. Reputation. Name. Profile. Image.
SAGITTARIUS Secrets. Solitude. Sensitive Subjects. Hidden Issues.
CAPRICORN Friends. Groups. Social Life. Social Networks. Teams. Clubs. Associations.
AQUARIUS Career. Course. Volunteer Role. Employment. Profession. Business. Industry.
PISCES Travel. Publishing. Education. Foreign Cultures. Foreign Countries. Beliefs.

Learning to Live with Saturn in Scorpio in 2014
The reality check you are taking about one area of your life,  ruled by Scorpio, feeds the desire to escape in quite another. The sense of restriction or confinement you have from Saturn, works in harmony with a longing to plunge into another world, which bears no resemblance to real life. This will be one of the first things you notice about this transit. The desire to escape. And that’s down to Neptune which is now travelling through Pisces.

Escape Routes with Neptune in Pisces

Neptune in Pisces

By looking at the house of your natal chart where transiting Neptune passes at 0 degrees of Pisces, you can identify where you are seeking your great escape. Where is the non-reality tempting you? You can also check where Neptune is currently at work in your solar (Sun Sign) chart on this list. Again, this is the public story or the headlines of your life.

Neptune is a simple symbol of other realities. He describes where you drift and float. Where you meander. Where you find a space inside yourself, or in your life, that has a hazy, dreamy quality. Like a saxophone solo. Like anaesthetic. (Both these things were big in the year Neptune was discovered). It’s only human nature to lean wistfully in the direction of an escape from the real world (in one department of your life) when quite another department of your life just became hard work.

How is your solar chart (Sun Sign horoscope) affected? Where is your very public way out of the real world?

ARIES Whatever is submerged or unfathomable about yourself and your life is an escape route.
TAURUS A friend or group invites you to depart reality and plunge into something so different.
GEMINI Your career, course or voluntary role offers a delightful escape from what’s real.
CANCER Travelling, publishing, studying, writing or teaching call you with a siren song.
LEO Other people’s money, homes or possessions (perhaps the bank’s too) offer an escape.
VIRGO Your former, current or potential partner is a blissful way for you to duck reality.
LIBRA There is an aspect of your job, voluntary role or course which is so refreshingly unreal.
SCORPIO The world of children, or those born 20 years after you, offers a sublime escape.
SAGITTARIUS Your house, flat, family, household or homeland lures you into another world.
CAPRICORN Your way with words, ideas or images gives you a sparkling alternative world.
AQUARIUS Your money, house, possessions, business or flat offers such an inviting escape.
PISCES Aspects of yourself (your appearance or reputation) tempt you to depart reality

The Saturn Myth – the God with the Scythe

Saturn and his famous scythe by Ivan Akimov (Wikimedia Commons)

The myth begins with Saturn’s confinement by his father Uranus, then turns into an act of rebellion by him (when he castrates his father and breaks free). There is temporary victory, as Saturn rules the world. This is then followed by an awful curse, as Uranus tells him that Saturn’s children will also overthrow him – instant karma. To counter this, Saturn eats every baby his wife Ops produces. Then one day Ops tricks him into swallowing a stone, and the new baby, Jupiter, is hidden. Jupiter grows up, returns as the true future ruler of the world and makes the curse come true by overthrowing his father. The irony is, Saturn finds his curse is a blessing in disguse. Taking the scythe which he originally used to castrate Uranus, his father, he ventures into the heart of Italy to use it for cutting corn and wheat – rather than violence – and he teaches the new agriculture to the people. They become rich and abundant, and Saturn becomes acclaimed as the ruler of a new Golden Age. There is a big emphasis on ageing and learning with Saturn because in the Hesiod myth he is a rebellious young man, but once his own son Jupiter has grown up, and he is older, he also hits wisdom. The other association with age and time that we have with Saturn comes from the Greek version of this god, Kronos. Linked to Chronos and chronology. Chronic and ‘chronological order’ are also Saturn key words.

From imprisonment, to liberation, through paranoia, through self-sabotage to a Golden Age. That’s Saturn. Astrology and history hold some fantastic lessons about how to manage this cycle, however. And that’s the whole point. By the time this Saturn in Scorpio cycle is over in your life, you may have potentially become an expert in an area of your world that demands you get real – and learn more.

DATES TO WATCH IN 2014 AND 2015
Saturn transits are always easier once this planet moves through the final third of the cycle, covering the last ten degrees of any sign. In the myth, Saturn had three life stages. Trapped by his father. Forced to eat his own children because of a curse. And finally, the Golden Age when he became a teacher.

Your Saturn Returns also rule one-third of your life. The first Saturn Return covers the first  of three decades, to age 30. The second Saturn Return covers the second decade, from around age 30 through 60. The final Saturn Return ends the cycle, covering around age 60 through 90.

Saturn is moving from 20 Scorpio (into The Golden Age) from January through early May 2014, largely serving to give you a break. After that, the familiar frozen, slow or stuck situation returns. Yet from the end of September through the end of December you will have your second break, and by Christmas 2014 Saturn has changed signs. He returns briefly to Scorpio in mid 2015 but again, he is in the final third of the cycle.

For this reason 2014 will be a great deal easier in terms of the Scorpio ruled house of your chart than 2013 which was extremely tough. Just  be aware of the Mercury Retrograde cycle in Scorpio in September, October and November 2014 and the partial eclipse in Scorpio on 23rd October. You can track your weekly horoscope on this website for more specific details at the time but you should be very cautious about decisions you are making about the Scorpio ruled house of your chart September-November. Mercury Retrograde may result in a delay or u-turn. The eclipse will not give you the full story.

For more on Saturn you can pick up any of my books online.

Jessica Adams is the author of Essential Astrology for Women (HarperCollins), Astrolove (Corgi) and 2020 Vision (Viking). All books are available at Amazon and Astrolove is available as an e-book for your Kindle or computer desktop.

, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

25 Responses to Saturn in Scorpio in 2014 and 2015

1. SaturnRxScorpio1985 September 21, 2012 at 12:05 pm #

I have both Saturn & Pluto occupying Scorpio in the 7th house – natal. & my sun in Cancer.

Also, Neptune In Capricorn – 9th house…

Yep..i know exactly where i will be escaping to…(hopefully..!)

Ill be ‘scapegoating’ to the land of my higher self. :-)

2. Sangi September 22, 2012 at 11:12 am #

Thats a wonderful writeup on saturn transit and neptune influence as well…
    Im hoping to see more details on impact for individual sun sign in ur monthly horoscopes..
    Im a married cancer with no kid…Can saturn transiting my fifth house lead to pregnancy?

3. Rahul Magdum September 25, 2012 at 4:20 pm #

My zodiac sign in Libra..
    i gone through lots of websites to know about when my saturn cycle’s middle 2 and half years ends but got confused…
    as you mentioned saturn entering in scorpio in octomber-2012, is it means that is end of middle of saturn cycle of Libra? and upcoming 2 and half years are last of Libra’s saturn cycle?
    please guide..

4. mischa September 29, 2012 at 12:21 pm #

Wow- amazing analysis, Jess, you’re a master.

5. lucy October 3, 2012 at 5:59 pm #

Seems spot on from what I have experienced in last two years! As a Sag with natal Saturn in Libra in 12th house I’ve had quite a learning curve (sickness, unemployment, isolation) which has developed my previously non-existant spiritual side. The paralell to this has been not being able to establish any group, as jobs changed and health/money probs kept me off the social radar. Big plus points are that this also pushed a more inner-directed approach, whittled down ‘friends’ to dependable core, and finally has just helped me shed the ‘what others are doing’ fears of my 20s and start running my own race… Balance, also not existant before, is now my watchword. Shift to Scorpio is interesting, just realised I am moving towards living on my own by choice somewhere peaceful… Is this an escape? Yes. Am I hiding stuff that links to this? Totally…

6. paul October 17, 2012 at 9:35 pm #

I am a Capricorn with Moon in Aries and my Ascendant sign is Taurus.
    DOB January 8th 1976 Newcastle upon Tyne uk.

Could you please tell me when Saturn in Scorpio will change things, my Career and Finances have stalled since June/July and nothing is moving forward right now, how long do i have to wait for my Career and Finances to get better again.

• paul October 18, 2012 at 6:27 am #

Hi Jessica thank you for the reply it is very much appreciated, but at the moment i have no jobs coming in and no money coming in right now, do i have to wait until next June for anything to happen, as changes are supposed to be happening for Capricorns, because Saturn moved into Scorpio?

Thanks Paul

• helen February 2, 2014 at 3:46 am #

i am aries, what do i have to be aware of how saturn in scorpio will effect me. Thank you

• Jessica February 6, 2014 at 6:04 pm #

An Aries going through Saturn in Scorpio just needs to be aware of how heavy or entrenched her new financial, business or property obligations are in 2014 to avoid loading more on her shoulders, given that some situations from 2013 are still such a big ask!

7. Saturn in Libra October 19, 2012 at 8:50 am #

It seems Saturn has had quite an impact on my life transiting Libra. I have been mostly reading about it (for pisces) having impact to do with other peoples money, possesions or finances although I have had no major problems here. However, I have had major issues with my marriage, in fact all my most important relationships (mother, friends and spouse) and all have been deeply affected.
    Any good news for the rebuild of any of these in the future? Although Saturn has moved on, it seems to have left a bit of mess behind!
    My rising sun is in Libra 13 degrees.

• Saturn in Libra October 25, 2012 at 8:37 am #

That explains A LOT! Yikes.

8. Jane October 21, 2012 at 11:50 am #

Hi Jessica,

I was born 3/12/57 at 7.50pm. Work relationships and marriage have been very difficult during Saturn in Libra. What can I expect with Saturn in Scorpio ?

Cheers,
    Jane

9. Sally J October 22, 2012 at 7:39 am #

Hi Jessica
    I was born on March 7th 1957 at 11.55am. I have felt for a while now that I am entering a whole new chapter of my life. More specifically, my body has been telling me to slow down! What do I need to be aware of with Saturn passing through Scorpio? Many thanks.

10. Karen October 27, 2012 at 9:39 pm #

I was born 20/11/66 at at 2.10am Batlow, Australia. My Moon is in Aquarius and my Ascendent is Virgo. Could you please explain what effect Saturn in Scorpio will have for me.

11. Mallika November 5, 2012 at 12:08 am #

I’m very interested in knowing how Saturn in Scorpio will effect me and how should I deal with it. DOB, time & place:
    24th of August, 1954 at 12.00 noon in Negombo, Sri Lanka.

Thank you!

12. Sl November 11, 2012 at 5:42 am #

Hi Jess, I love your site. I’ve been wondering what will take place when Saturn conjuncts Pluto on my descendant in December. I’ve heard awful things and am wondering how to best work with this energy. It will also show up on my solar return.

DOB: 12/27/1986
    Place: Poway, California
    Time: 13:11 pm

13. Sashka November 29, 2012 at 9:12 pm #

I have mercury venus and saturn in my first house in scorpio…what to expect?
    Born 20.02.1975 in Skopje, macedonia
    I feel changes in all relationships, especially my marrige.

14. Mary December 2, 2012 at 4:19 pm #

By far the best website ever- thank you! Feeling like there is a turning point on two fronts, heavy decisions, repressed memories, skin issues, depression, isolation… I am a Pisces sun, Sagittarius ascendant, saturn conj mars (5th house placidus/6th house equal). Please help,thank you.

15. Kate Socratous December 22, 2013 at 3:02 am #

Jessica you are my favourite astrologer. You give so much, and I take guidance from your horoscope writings.
    Kate

• Jessica January 10, 2014 at 8:47 pm #

Kate, thank you so much. Have a fantastically liberating Year of the Horse in 2014. Jessica.

16. paul January 20, 2014 at 9:24 am #

can i ask in general that as a capricorn, with pluto in my 1st house and saturn in my 11th house, does that mean i should make new friends and join groups and also are the changes permanent?

• Jessica January 22, 2014 at 11:21 am #

Capricorn making new friends and joining new groups? Be careful of who or what you sign up for when Saturn is hanging around as something/someone may be a bigger load to carry than you thought. Cycle ends for the most part in December 2014.

• Jessica February 6, 2014 at 6:55 pm #

Capricorns, friends and groups in 2014? It’s heavy going if you’re starting anything new. The people may bring all kinds of psychological tasks for you that you hadn’t envisaged when you began the friendship or signed up for the group. Just watch what or who you sign up for. Life is mostly back to normal in 2015.

17. Danielle January 27, 2014 at 11:58 am #

Saturn transiting my 12th house Scorpio was mean to me in 2013. I had a miscarriage, didn’t get into university, had a permanent falling out with a friend of 20 years, lost my job, and had an ovarian cyst removed on Christmas Eve. I don’t know what changed but I woke up on New Year’s Eve feeling instantly lighter, as if Saturn isn’t weighing me down as much anymore.

• Jessica February 6, 2014 at 6:09 pm #

I’m happy you are over the worst – that is very tough – but it sounds as if you were being pushed away from certain big life commitments like pregnancy for other reasons. I am glad you woke up feeling better about Saturn. A lot of people I know who went through absolute hell with Saturn in 2013 really felt the weight lift in January 2014.